Thursday, May 15, 2008

HELP!


After 6 years of living in our home, I discovered what continues to grow on the side of our house...FEVERFEW! I have converted the side of the house to a herb/veggie garden and this stuff has become very annoying and I am afraid it will affect my herbs and their flavor. I am constantly pulling it out from year to year thinking that I got rid of it. Does anybody know of a safe way to get rid of this? My veggies and herbs are already in the ground. I will not use weed killer or any other chemicals. Oh, by the way, if you want any...you can have as much as you like
(don't say I didn't warn you though).

4 comments:

KarlandBethany said...

WeBOUGHT soem the first year we started gardening here! Since then we;ve had trouble reigning them in. We've only been successful at ridding it from areas by repetively pulling the plants before it flowers & seeds.

Feverfew is considered an herb and can be used medicinally to fight migraines.

It is a naturally compatible plant to many veggies such as carrots & parsnips. It deters carrot fly. It also helps roses & other things by deterring aphids.

I guess if it was in my garden, I wouldn't worry about it affecting my herb & veggie garden. But, I would continue to pursue it with a bit of vengeance! ;-)

Here is Herb Herbert's fact sheet on feverfew- http://www.herbherbert.com/pdf/feverfew.pdf

Hope something here helps...
:-S, B--

Judy said...

Thank you Bethany. I think I may just leave them there and see what happens.

Anonymous said...

note to self: don't plant anything with the name "fever" in it.

Judy said...

good point.